PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) with 2 Extra Battery Packs
The PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) is cordless wireless fence system that does not need a boundary wire burying in the ground before you start using it. That certainly makes it an attractive invisible dog fence for people who want a portable wireless dog fence system that they can take on vacation with them, but how does the PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) stack up against its competition in the market?
The ThePetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300), which includes two free battery packs, will create a circular wireless boundary of up to 180 feet in diameter, or half an acre. The waterproof collar has adjustable correction levels, which all the best wireless dog fences should have, and it has a beep only mode for training.
Read our review of the ThePetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) and find out if this cordless invisible dog fence from PetSafe really does deserve to be called one of the best electric dog fences on the market, or not
Review of the PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300)
There is no doubt that the setting up of the PetSafe PIF-300 wireless dog fence is very easy to do. All you need to do is set the boundary to fit your garden or yard and you are ready to go. The maximum size of the boundary you can set with this model is ninety feet in all directions from the transmitter. Although that may not sound like a huge area, it’s half an acre, which will be more than enough for most people. The PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) also comes with 50 training flags, which again, will be enough for the average sized yard.
PetSafe one of the biggest names in wireless dog fences and bark collars, so you know that it’s a name you can trust. The PIF-300 will certainly train a dog to stay within the confines of your property and it is very easy to set up. There are some drawbacks associated with all cordless wireless fence systems and we’ll explain those later on in this review. Overall, though, we rate the PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) very highly and place it as one of the best wireless dog fences we have reviewed
Key Features + Benefits of PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300)
The PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) is one of the most popular cordless, wireless dog fences on the market. The fact that there is no cord to bury means that setup is extremely easy and the system is portable. Here are the main features and benefits of the PetSafe PIF-300
- Range of up to half an acre
- Five levels of correction on the waterproof collar
- The system can be used with multiple dogs
- Cordless, so no digging of trenches required
- 2 free packs of batteries included
- Easy to set up and portable
- Boundary area large enough for most yards
- Easy to use and maintain
- Cheaper than most in-ground systems
- Dogs learn where the boundaries are very quickly
Advantages and Disadvantages of the PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300)
The PetSafe PIF 300 wireless dog fence is a reliable cordless invisible dog fence system that is one of the most popular of its kind on the market. The fact that it is made by PetSafe will be good enough for most people, but there are some disadvantages to this model. Here are main advantages of the PIF-300 and some of the things that people don’t like about it.
- The PetSafePIF-300 takes no time at all to set up and there is no cord, so there is no digging. That alone will make this one of the best wireless dog fences for many people. It also means that this model is portable, so you can take it with you on vacation, or relocate it when you move home. The dog collar is relatively lightweight for this type of collar.
- The main disadvantage of the PetSafe Wireless Fence (PIF-300) is that the boundary that it creates is circular. That can pose a problem if your yard is an irregular shape. You will also have to remember that the circle emanates from wherever you situate the transmitter and that has to be indoors. Cordless, wireless dog fences can also suffer from boundary fluctuations, although that appears to not be a major issue with this particular model. Another very minor issue that we have this model is that it doesn’t use standard rechargeable batteries, but then that’s an issue that we have with many invisible dog fences.
The PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence is excellent value and the portability of the product will make it very popular with anyone who likes to take their dog away with them on camping vacations. The lack of a cord will also make it popular with those people who don’t want to spend any time digging trenches in their garden! If you are looking for a relatively cheap solution to the problem of a dog straying from home and you don’t want the expense of building a physical fence, then the PetSafe PIF-300 would be a good choice of wireless dog fence system for you.