PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System Review
The PetSafe wireless pet containment system is one of the systems that have been proven to be safe, effective and comfortable for all pets that weigh over 8 pounds. This system works simply by transmitting radio signals to a distance of 90 feet at most multidirectional. The pet containment system is
Key Features of PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
- The containment system is an area of up to half an acre round.
- It is characterized by five levels of static correction and an only tone mode for training.
- It is suitable for use by pets of up to 8 pounds in weight and a neck size of between 6 and 28 inches
- The system can be portable making it perfect for RV camping as well as vacation homes.
- It has a waterproof receiver collar that is of the low battery indicator.
- It has five levels of static corrections and a tone-only mode for dog training functionality.
- The system is easy to set up as it does not require wires to bury or digging trenches
Review of PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
The PetSafe wireless containment system creates a circular wireless boundary that maintains the pets in an enclosed pet area. The system allows for easy adjustment from about 5 to 90 feet across all directions starting from the transmitter indoors. The system is easy to use as it only requires you to plug in the transmitter at home and to place the receiver around the dog's neck. This makes it quite versatile and thus outweighing other traditional methods employed in dog containment such as outdoor fencing or even buried wire fencing.
Advantages and Disadvantages of PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
- The range of operation is often affected by a wide range of factors such as topography, terrain as well as metal objects.
- The product offers the pet a circular area which you can increase with multiple transmitters.
- It is easy to install.
- It is highly portable.
- It supports a neck size of 6-28 inches.
- It has five levels of static corrections and relies on tone for is functionality.
- You can easily expand the system by adding multiple numbers of transmitters.
- It has a waterproof collar.
- It can house an unlimited number of dogs.
- It does not serve as an electric fence because the circular boundary is not fixed and may roam a wider distance on certain days than others.
- The containment system allows you to adjust the shock and not the beeping. This means that when the battery dies, and the pet cannot hear the beep, then they will keep roaming about without knowing the limits they are restricted to.
- Replacing the parts of the pet containment system is a
- It cannot support a complex custom shaped area.
- In a place where there are lots of trees, the signal can be hampered.
If you are looking for a containment system that offers you many benefits, then PetSafe wireless pet containment system is for you! However, one thing that you have to bear in mind is that you have to properly train your pet to remain inside the wireless signal boundary. This training is not easy as it is time-consuming, but it is worth it. The containment system is designed in such a manner that its deterrent. The main reason for this is always to serve as a reminder to the pet to remain in the established boundary through the use of Static correction. Training of your pet should be done on a regular basis. Another factor that you have to take note of is that each pet has different tolerance level to the Static Correction. Therefore, not all pets can be retained in the boundary despite the training. This means that, if you have a reason to believe that your pet could pose a great danger to the people in their surrounding or even harm himself, you should consider employing other containment techniques along with the PetSafe wireless pet containment system to effectively confine your pet.