The Best GPS Dog Collar of 2022
A variety of GPS dog collars are available, with features ranging from a basic GPS only unit to a health tracking monitor that can alert you to health concerns you’d not be aware of otherwise.
We’ve put together a list of our favorite, top-rated GPS dog collars for you here.
I. Best GPS Dog Collar Comparison Table
1) Whistle 3 Pet Tracker
2) Garmin GTU 10
3) Marco Polo
5) Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
6) Link AKC
7) Kyon Pet Tracker
II. Best GPS Dog Collar Reviews and Top Picks
2. Garmin GTU 10
The Garmin GTU 10 is an AT&T network enabled GPS tracker that works anywhere that the AT&T network covers.
This tracker lets you view your pet’s activities for the previous hours, and has additional package offers, like speed tracking. This tracker has a wide range, virtual boundaries, and a decent battery life, depending on which setting is on.
- Works anywhere that the AT&T network covers
- Up to 4 week battery life
- Website and software are severely lacking
3. Marco Polo Advanced Pet Tracking Tag Accessory
The Marco Polo system technically uses a radio frequency tracking method rather than a GPS.
The system comes with a radio receiver used to track your dog, or even up to three dogs. The system sets off an alarm if your dog exits the prescribed zones. Moreover, it has a range of about two miles for tracking.
- No GPS or cell network required since it uses a radio frequency
- Has a range of about two miles for tracking.
- The Velcro straps sometimes fall off
The Wüf is one of the smartest GPS dog collars on the market. This collar has a two-way audio system with which you can help you keep a skittish or feisty dog calm. Even if your dog gets lost.
The Wüf also features an invisible fence function that’s perfect for walking, hiking, or jogging with your dog. It helps to keep her in close, safe proximity as you go along.
The Wüf also has these awesome features:
- Included data package
- Live tracking
- Training programs
- Location alerts
- Worldwide coverage
If your pup travels with you much, this is the perfect collar to help keep your adventures safe.
- Already has icluded data package
- Has a two-way audio system with which you can help you keep a skittish or feisty dog calm
- Still in development
5. Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
With live tracking, location alerts, 24-hour reporting, and a lower price tag than its competitors. The Tractive GPS Pet Tracker is a great option for the more financially-conscious pet owner.
The Tractive also offers health monitors, hunting dog-friendly collars, and other training trackers that help keep your dog as safe as possible.
- Has live tracking, location alerts, 24-hour reporting, and a lower price tag than its competitors.
- Lightweight & waterproof
- Only reliable if cell phone coverage is available
6. Link AKC
This super smart tracker is great for the pet parent who’s conscious about their dog’s health needs. The tracker, of course, functions as a GPS tracker with a safe zone feature that you can set up.
The Link AKC also keeps track of your dog’s activity levels.
As a matter of fact, it learns the kind of activities that are most helpful for your pooch’s breed. This tracker also features sound training and a LED light for nighttime walks. It can also work with any collar you already have for Fido.
- Functions as a GPS tracker with a safe zone feature that you can set up
- Features sound training and a LED light for nighttime walks
- Slow to locate and alert
- GPS feature drains the battery fast
7. Kyon Pet Tracker
If you’ve got a water-loving dog, like a black lab or poodle, the Kyon Pet Tracker is a great option. It’s waterproof and gives off a signal if your swimming pooch finds himself in danger. This tracker also monitors heat levels and lets you know if your pal has hit any temperatures that are unsafe for him.
- Has a heat sensor so you know when your pet is feeling hot or cold
- Battery life of up to 30 days
- Still in development
This awesome little tracker is designed as a multi-tasking tracker for your pet.
The Nuzzle offers a GPS, Bluetooth, and activity tracker that helps you locate your dog. These features also help you to monitor Fido’s healthy, or not so healthy, habits and help him get more exercise if needed.
The versatile tracker can monitor your dog's health factors for you. Additionally, you can also enable safety zones or Geofencing wherever you need to.
- Monitoring includes temperature, collision detection and geo-fence alerts
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Reviews say that the product is not working like it's supposed to
Choosing the Right GPS Collar for Your Dog
As you search for the right GPS dog collar, be sure to consider your dog’s needs, and your own.
- Will the GPS dog collar fit your budget?
- Does the collar cover the problem areas for your pup?
- Is it able to track your dog efficiently when you travel?
- Is the collar connected well enough to let you know what’s really going on with him?
Our list of GPS dog collar reviews should give you an idea of which direction to go. Especially when choosing your best friend’s new best friend.