3 Best Dog Snow Boots: Reviews And Buying Guide
Winter will be here before you know it. Everyone loves romping around in the snow, and that includes the family dog. But oftentimes we forget that our canine counterparts also need protection from the cold.
You wouldn’t go out and frolic in the snow barefoot, would you? Your dog shouldn’t either. So get your buddy a pair of dog snow boots for comfort.
Different Breeds, Different Needs
Certain types of dogs like Huskies are built for cold weather. They have natural protection against the cold with their thick fur coats. But even a thick coat doesn’t protect sensitive paw pads from ice, icicles, deicing chemicals, and salt.
Especially if your pup is a short-haired breed or one who isn’t built to dance on ice, consider buying a pair of snow boots for your dog. It will protect your pup against the harshness of the winter ground.
Plan Before Buying
Now that you’ve decided to make the purchase, where should you start? There are quite a few things to think about when buying a pair of dog boots.
Get something with traction on the ice and snow. Remember to make sure the boots are waterproof, so your pup isn’t weighed down by soggy soles.
Focus on functionality. You might love the way a pair of boots looks on your best friend, but if they aren’t functional, you aren’t doing your pet any favors.
Top 3 Dog Snow Boots
Remember, your pet can’t speak to you (at least not in your language) to tell you he or she is uncomfortable or a specific part of the boot hurts. This means you have to pay close attention to how your dog responds to the shoes.
Specific brands depend largely on taste, but not all dog snow boots are created equal. We’ve compiled a list of the top three brands of dog snow boots for functionality, comfort, and durability.
1. My Busy Dog Water Resistant Dog Shoes
- RUGGED: Tough waterproof anti slip sole provides stability and traction, protection from sharp thorns, hot pavement and...
- QUALITY: Our shoes have a rugged sole and high quality fabrics that are then sewn together (not glued like cheaper dog...
- SIZING: Use the size chart located in the pictures to determine the right size shoe for your dog's paws. We are also...
My Busy Dog is a brand you can get behind. These shoes are about as tough as you can get. They are made from durable materials and sewn together. This is a big point since many other types of dog snow boots are glued and come apart easily.
The soles of My Busy Dog boots are waterproof and anti-slip, with a healthy dose of traction to prevent slipping and falling on hard ice. They have reflective velcro and high visibility. Drivers and neighbors alike will be able to see these shoes at night.
Finally, comfort is unbeatable with these shoes. They open wide to accommodate the paw and have two velcro straps to secure the boot once the paw is inside.
These boots come in 8 different sizes, so you’re sure to find something to fit your pup. These snow boots are priced fairly and reasonably.
2. Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots
- TRUSTED BRAND OVER 1 MILLION SOLD: For over 30 years, Ultra Paws dog boots are used as protection for service dogs,...
- LIGHT DUTY BOOTS ARE IDEAL FOR: Dog parks, dog pools, snow, grass runs and dog shoes to protect paws from chemicals and...
- PATENTED DESIGN: The Ultra Paws dog shoe is equipped with foam to ensure a comfortable fit when velcro straps are tight...
Ultra Paws provides a thick boot with padded protection. This pretty pair is made from water-resistant durable nylon, providing your pup with a veritable fortress for his or her paws.
The soles and toes of these boots are coated with a thermoplastic called ToughTek. This thermoplastic is slip and skid-resistant while providing amazing grip and traction for total pooch control.
This brand is great for elderly dogs and those who have joint or hip problems because the soles provide such good protection against falling. These shoes feature foam ankle pads for comfort, protection, and warmth during the winter months.
Easy to Fit
These boots are easy to get into and out of. The open wide at the top and side so your dog can step into them. They close with two thick velcro straps that hold paws securely without being uncomfortably snug.
Ultra Paws boots come in 6 sizes, fitting everything from toy poodles to great Danes. They’re priced very reasonably at around 30 dollars per set.
3. MuttLuks Fleece-Lined Dog Boots
- FLEECE DOG BOOTS – Keep your friendly Fido warm and cozy when cold weather hits with these dog booties that feature a...
- PET BOOTS WITH REFLECTIVE STRAPS – Ensure that your canine companion is visible when walking your pup in these dog...
- COMFORTABLE, ADJUSTABLE BOOTS FOR DOGS: Find just the right fit for your pet with these dog boots that are equipped with...
These Muttluk Dog Boots are comfy and stylish. They are the perfect boot for the cold since they are lined with fleece to protect sensitive paws. These are the only boots on the list which have real leather soles.
This means that after some time and uses, the soles will mold to your dog’s feet and provide a boot with the perfect fit for your furry friend. The sole also provides traction on ice, wet roads and snow, so your dog keeps his or her balance when playing.
My Busy Dog Water Resistant Dog Shoes
Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots
MuttLuks Fleece-Lined Dog Boots
The Muttluk's will shield your pet's paws against ice, snow, rocks and whatever else is hiding in the winter scenery. They are simple to slip onto paws and feature an easy-tightening strap your pup won’t be able to slip off.
These boots come in 8 different sizes to ensure every dog can get a set, and at around 30 dollars they’re an absolute bargain.
Buying a pair of boots for your dog will make the winter easier on everyone. Pick up a pair of snow boots to make sure your dog has his day!
Last update on 2022-02-17 at 23:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API