Cats are carnivores, and that means that they get all the nutrition that they need from the meat they eat, so there is no reason why you should feed your cat pineapple. However, cats are also very inquisitive creatures, so if you were to give your cat pineapple to eat, your pet might appear to enjoy the fruit, because it is different from what they usually eat.
Cats have also been known to eat the leaves of a pineapple, but again, this probably more due to curiosity than to any dietary need. The question is, though, is it safe for a cat to eat pineapple at all?
The simple answer to the question of can cats eat pineapple is yes, but only in small quantities. If your cat does develop a liking for pineapple, the occasional small serving won’t harm your pet at all. Continue reading
Most humans love bread and for many people, bread is a major part of the staple diet. Bread contains a lot of the nutrients that a human being needs to stay healthy, including fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins and minerals. When you are enjoying a slice of bread or toast, you might be tempted feed your cat a piece, but is it safe for cats to eat bread?
The simple answer the question of can cats eat bread is yes, but not too much. Cats are strictly carnivores in the wild, so their digestive systems are just not made for digesting high-carbohydrate foods such as bread. If you feed a cat too much bread, it can quickly make a cat obese and bring on diabetes and other medical problems, so if you do want to give your cat bread, it should only be very occasionally, as a special little treat. Continue reading
When a cat starts to scratch the furniture or the carpets in a home, it can be very destructive, but they are not doing it simply because they have a mischievous streak in them. Scratching is a perfectly natural behaviour in a cat and they do it for a number of different reasons, including marking their territory, removing the outer layer of their claws, and flexing their bodies and paws.Continue reading
The Cat Mate Pet Fountain is a perfect device for cat owners who want their pets to have easy access to clean drinking water all the time.
Aside from food, all living creatures also require an ample amount of water in order to stay healthy, and that includes your beloved pets too. Cats are typically low-maintenance pets and require small amounts of water (about 1 ounce per pound of their weight daily) since they mostly get their water from the food they eat. However, if you give them dry food, then your cat has to find other ways on how to get water.
Cats are a member of the Felidae family. Cats divided into many mammals 40 million years ago, so the cat is one of the most ancient mammals.Even domesticated cats or wildcats, all of them share the characteristics that they only own. Here are 23 interesting facts you may not know about cats:
1. Cats are carnivores and need at least 30% protein in the daily diet, and they cannot live with only vegetables or cereals.
2. Cats have strong jaws, sharp teeth and nails that can retract when not in use. Their eyes are incontrovertible -was born to help the cat hunt in the dark.
3. Do not panic if your cat bring the "surprising” presents such as birds, rats or other rodents. This is natural behavior of cats when they want to please you.
4. The cat will purr when they are happy or even sick or injured
5. Cat’s hair has 2 layers, an undercoat and a thick outer coat.
6. One characteristic of cats is very "social" that is opposed to the speculation of many people. They will react and answer all conversations from human, and enjoy a good relationship with people.
7. A female cat can produce 3 to 7 kittens in every 4 months if they can. This is why people prefer to adopt male cats.
8. Kittens are born with two closed eyes and two curled ears down. When their eyes first open, they will be blue and change colors several times in a few months until a final color.
9. If they are taken cared well, the cat can live 20 years or more.
10. In the United States, cats defeat dogs to become the most popular pet.
11. Cats and dogs are colorblind, but cats can see blue, red and green.
12. Do you know people who are allergic to cats but they actually do not allergic to cat’s fur? In fact, they are allergic to cat’s saliva.
13. Most of medicine for human are dangerous to cats, especially aspirin.
14. Saliva of cats have an enzyme helps clean hairs!
15. If a cat show "unapproachable" in the first two months since it was born, it's hard to become a good pet.
16. When you see they use nails to scratch somewhere, maybe it is not only intended to "sharpen" that demonstrated that cats that are happy!
17. If you ever heard of "Tower cats" they should buy now, because this is a great exercise tool and also the ideal resting place for them
18. Cat’s heartbeats is 140 times a minute and double a normal person’s heartbeat.
19. Cats can have 5 paws on each front foot and this is normal, but only 4 paws on the two back foots.
20. A grown cat has up to 290 bones (excluding bones that absorbed in its stomach).
21. Most of cats never make "meow" sound in front of another cat. This “meow” sound is just for people!
22. The normal temperature of each cat’s is 101.5 F degrees, a little bit "warmer" than humans.
23. The more you talk to cats, the more they "complain" with you.
Cats have a lot of mystery, like their personal characteristics. Cats not only look cute but also act impishly. There is a fun comparison between dogs and cats, dogs act like boys while cats act like girls.