Washable Doggie And Puppy Diapers: Top 3 Picks And Buyer’s Guide
Puppies are soooo cute! That is until they pee all over your kitchen floor. For this reason, puppy diapers are often a great way to keep your house from becoming a toilet while you are house training your little pup.
Doggy diapers aren’t just for puppies. You might need diapers for your adult dog due to incontinence problems or illness. A house-trained dog might need to pee more frequently due to health issues and simply cannot hold it until it can go outside. Rather than putting your beloved dog down, using a puppy diaper can save your floors while saving your dog’s life.
Female dogs in heat can also wear puppy diapers, which can really avoid a lot of icky mess! Spaying your female dog will also stop the dog from going into heat, but then she won’t be able to have puppies of her own.
What to Look for in Puppy Diapers
You can’t just go out and buy a box of Pamper’s and put them on your dog. Human diapers will not work on dogs!
You have a wide selection of doggy diapers to choose from these days. Many are available for convenient ordering online. Here are a few things to look for:
Reusable Puppy Diapers
There is no need to get disposable diapers for your dog unless you are going on a long car trip and have no way to wash the diapers. Puppy diapers are designed to be easily rewashed, often in the washing machine.
Easy to Wash
If you are like most people, you just want to be able to toss the dog diaper into the washing machine and forget about it. Not all puppy diapers will be machine-washable, however. Check the information first before tossing it in a machine, especially a hot dryer...you don’t want to ruin the diaper.
Male or Female Dog Diaper
Male and female dogs have different anatomical parts, and so the diapers are designed for each sex in mind. You cannot use a male dog diaper on a female dog and vice versa. Female dog diapers look more like the diapers you see on human babies. Some male dog diapers can actually cover much of the torso like a onesie.
There are some diaper brands that will fit both male and female dogs.
You can also get “belly bands” for male dogs. These are wraps that go around the dog’s midsection and will discourage the dog from peeing.
How Absorbent is the Diaper?
It’s no good putting a diaper on your dog if it won’t hold the volume of pee your dog is letting out.
Getting the Right Size
Your little toy poodle will need a dramatically different size for its puppy diaper than your Great Dane.
Where to Get Dog Diapers
You can find commercially-produced puppy diapers on online retail sites and at pet stores. Dog diapers and belly bands are also made by small business owners. You can find them on crafting websites.
For example, the Zibbet store “DogGoneCuteApparel” sells reusable male dog belly bands for $ in various sizes.
Getting Started: Check Out
These Puppy Diaper Brands
Once you start looking online, you will find a ton of dog diaper options. Here are a few dog diaper brands we like for starters:
Pet Parents Premium Washable Doggie Diapers
- MALE DOG DIAPERS EXTRA SMALL - Best for tiny dogs and puppies, waist size 9" to 13" male dog wraps. Please measure your...
- 3 WASHABLE DOG DIAPERS IN 3 COLORS PER PACKAGE - Our Natural color pack is one each of GREY, RUST, and BLACK dog belly...
- MALE DOG WRAPS - Easy-to-use dog belly bands. Useful for untrained puppies, males spot marking, and dogs that suffer...
These dog diapers can be worn by both male and female dogs. They come in various sizes, and the three-pack includes three different colors: grey, rust, and black.
Wegreeco Washable Female Dog Diapers
- DOG DIAPERS SMALL - Best for small dogs and puppies, waist size 9" to 15". Please measure your dog's waist right in...
- 3 WASHABLE DOG DIAPERS IN 3 COLORS PER PACKAGE - One each of PINK, PURPLE, and BLACK. These washable doggy diapers are...
- FEMALE DOG DIAPERS- Easy-to-use diaper wrap for dogs. Useful for untrained puppies, female dogs in heat, and dogs that...
Surgi Snuggly Doggie Diaper Keeper
- HELPS ALL DOGS - Untrained puppies, females in heat, senior dogs, marking and dogs that suffer from excitement urination...
- ALLOWS YOUR PET TO BE A PART OF THE FAMILY AGAIN - Keep your pets diapers & pads secure & in place
- INVENTED BY A VETERINARIAN - Used by 1000's of veterinarians, trainers, pet professionals and universities nationwide
This isn’t a diaper per se, it is a bodysuit that keeps your dog’s diaper in place. Because it fits on the torso, it might make your dog feel more safe and secure, like those shirts designed to help dogs who are scared of thunder. This was invented by a veterinarian and is used by pet professionals. It comes in various colors and sizes.
Help Your Puppy or Dog with
House training doesn’t need to be a nightmare with the right puppy diapers. Dog diapers can also help your older dog with issues such as incontinence. With many fashionable, eco-friendly reusable options to choose from, you can relax knowing your dog will no longer be able to pee all over your new carpet.